Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Got The Job


So I went for my second interview last Wednesday before going on a photo hunt and meeting Akpe (ultimatemale on renderosity). What the 'interview' entailed was watching an old hat do the work and explaining what was being done and then it was up to be to basically replicate what she had done or at least some that I could follow instructions.

It was all easy enough but I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy doing the job too much. It looks very tedious and mind numbing. ut at the same time, it's a good set of skills to have and the job ops from this position are really good in SA (which is where I'm probably going to have to live forever). And damnit I don't wanna live in middle class forever. I want the holidays to exotic places and the house that is big enough to throw a party in!

Anyway so the boss man called me and told me today that they wold like to offer me the position. I virbally confirmed that I was accepting it and was told to wait for written confirmation to start on the 10th of April. I get home today and the 'recruitment officer' who sent me and email a few days before to say I had been unsuccessful, had sent me an email asking about my visa. I hope there isn't now an issue with the visa being a holiday one!!! He originally sent me a letter to say that I was unsuccessful (after 2 interviews already) after he'd come back from holiday. He didn't confirm what the managers had done in the meantime and jst went on his merry way. Shows you how you can get blown off from HR or recruiting and they haven't even got a clue what the co is looking for nor the potential of a person.

To be perfectly honest I think that they are only employing me coz I have no experience and they can pay me less at the end of the day... I've only been offered £17,500 pa which is not too great but I'm hoping that I will get an increase really soon, like in 3 months, provided that I'm actually still there - it would suck to have to look for another job...

Well if all is still going according to plan (visa not being an issue) I should be earning a bit more money and not be getting my ear munched at day in and out by next week.

Wish me luck in my new endeavor.

No comments: