Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Boot Camp



I've been going to gym for 2 weeks now and wasn't really looking forward to going on Monday but I'm paying for it and well amongst other things i need the exercise. Well it's not like I'm fat or anything...

After having a decent day at work I was happy to go, you don't really enjoy going when you've got a headache. As I go into gym the receptionist asked if I was doing Boot Camp, an army style training session. A first I thought it was the session where you do a whole lot of weight training under instruction of a trainer, basically highly motivated gym training. Then I heard it was outside and it was really wet from raining. Oh well, I signed up...

I brought a shirt from reception to keep me just a tiny bit warm, armed with my towel, water bottle and gloves on hands I went to wait in the reception area. Ready for my mistake, it became evident that more pl had been caught in this trap. And I was really impressed to see that there were as many females as males. All rearing to go and ready to be mudded up we had 5 minutes to chicken out.

No-one chickened out and soon we were all following Capitan Carnage and Sergent Slaughter up the stairs and out into the wet. There were 15 people lead by guys in khaki green being shouted at while jogging to Victoria.
It was really fun to be part of something as a group and be participating all together. Everybody was smiling at us and getting out of our way, it must've been a right sight. All this in the wealthiest borough in the country. My ankle washurting, my calves were burning but my mind was smiling.
After fetching the ppl who were joining us from the Victoria gym we ran past Buck Palace (the Queen was home) and all the tourists started cheering us on - so this is what it feels like to run a marathon I thought. NICE.

Once in Green Park we ran around abit while Major Pain set up his Chelsea flags (I support Arsenal) in a square, we then ran around the square 4 times. This was the following schedule for the next hour:
Push-ups,
Running,
Star jumps,
Running,
Squats,
Running,
Lunges,
Streching,
Running,
Frog jumps and sprinting,
Running,
Resistant exercises,
Running,
Sit ups,
Plank exercises,
Sprinting and lastly more stretching.

Yip I was buggered, I was seeing white spots and was light headed, but my body felt alive and terrific. It was excellent and during the exercises we had different partners. It was all very good, different from the norm and really motivating.

Will I do it again? Would anyone like to donate £25 for the nest 4 sessions?

No comments: