Thursday, March 22, 2007

Interview



I went for an interview today with a company called IPT. The position is for a Data Protection Consultant.
It involves pulling reports and coding in SQL. I don't have any experience in that field not even any in coding. The guy gave me a grilling, asking me things that I didn't know about and I had to ask him to explain what he meant with most of the questions. I felt like a right arse, but none the less he did take me into the office where the team (14 people currently) work and I had a very nice lady explain to me what they do and she showed me a little bit of the coding and how they received their job cards and so forth. It looks pretty easy, def something I would be able to pick up fast and handle.

The thing is with computer stuff is it's logical and straight forward, you don't have the human issue to deal with. You don't have to deal with people's emotions and their politics and bullshit.
I know that in the end photography is going to be the thing I wanna be doing long term. And once I've saved enough money for a bit of travel I will save to do one or two courses. I've got two that look equally as good as each other and if I can get this job with regular days and hours I will be able to join a camera/photo club in London. Maybe even the Royal Photographic Society. You pay for your membership and then they give you names of courses that you can do to achieve a certain status. I'd love love love to do that.
But for all of that to become a reality I have to have a good paying job...

And best of all this job is in Buckingham Gate Lane - the road that leads to Buckingham Palace's Main Gate where Queen Victoria's Statue is. WOW. Maybe it's a tourist thing... It's not that I like the Queen or anything it's just that I love the whole culture and all.

But lets not get my hopes up. I'm sure he's had plenty of people with experience applying and unless the company needs to save money on salaries, I'm sure I'll be a last resort.

No comments: